It’s me again, from down under. I know, I know, I haven’t posted in a while. There is no excuse for that. But, this little “writer’s block” of mine is a benefit for you. Why?
Well, I’m going to be honest with you. I feel bad I haven’t posted in a while. You depend on me and I feel like I have let you down. So, this problem of mine is a benefit for you because now I will be giving you some juicy and meaty internet resources and tricks that will get your site visible. I plan on posting something new here every week so pay attention and you might just find that one nugget that can get your site more visible. So, let’s get started…
I said it before and I’ll say it again, driving hungry buyers to your Real Estate Investing Website doesn’t have to be hard and expensive. In fact, it can be easy and cheap-sometimes even free. Today I am going to share with you a technique that you have probably already heard about but are still not using to this day. Why?
Because you don’t think it will work. Yet, this technique brings me some good traffic to my site, gets my name out there, and has even got me into a book that was written by someone else. So, what is this little technique?
Article Marketing… Yup. Writing articles and posting them on the internet for free can get you big exposure and high Google rankings for your site. First, let’s go over some of the advantages:
- Your website and Name exposure- When you write articles, depending on the article site, you are allowed to mention your website name in the article itself. (I would suggest you use anchor text for Search Engine Optimization purposes).
- You can get high Google Rankings- Some of my articles have reached the 1st page of Google for a popular search term. Yours can too.
- Other people will syndicate your articles, republish them on their blogs, and spread your name all over the internet- (That’s how I got published in an ebook. One of my articles was picked up by an author who emailed me and asked me if she could use my article in her book. I agreed to it and my website is being published by someone else.)
- You write your article once and it gets published all over the internet- (Actually, You don’t even have to write the article. I’ll show you how to get that outsourced in a future post so you can focus on more important aspects of your business.)
Now for the disadvantages:
- I don’t know what to write about- This is a very common problem. I have experienced this several times myself. Just think of what your buyers/motivated sellers are looking for on the internet. What are they searching for? If they are heading for foreclosure, they probably want to know how to delay and even avoid foreclosure. They want to get rid of the problem they are having in their life. You can write an article about that. Tell them how they can do that. IMPORTANT TIP WHEN WRITING: Don’t advertise and sell in your article. People can sense when you do that and will leave the site right away. They get bombarded with enough advertising messages during the day. When you give them a very informative article, they will come back to you and seek you to get more information. Also, you can also search article directories to see what others wrote about in the same industry and then write something in your own words with your own twist on the subject. Never and I mean never copy what they wrote.
- It takes too much time to write- I know, you did enough writing back in school, right? Well, writing doesn’t have to be hard. Once you start writing, you’ll have an article written before you know it. 400 to 500 words is more than enough. Now if you don’t want to write at all, you can get that outsourced in several different ways. Also, you can get private label right articles, get someone else to write them for you one article at a time or in bulk. I’ll discuss this in more detail in future blog post.
- Duplicate Content Problem- Google will penalize me. If you haven’t already heard about duplicate content, then here’s a short summary. Google has its robots and spiders go through the entire internet and check for duplicate content to make sure that information isn’t duplicated. If they find a duplicate content, that author/site will get penalized and loose their Google credibility/search ranking power. So, how do you avoid it by submitting to article directories? Here’s the short version (I’ll post a more detailed version of it in a future post). Google only penalizes posts/sites that have the information posted after the original post. What that means is that if you post your original article to your blog or an article directory, you won’t get penalized since this is the first instance this article was posted on the internet. If someone else, replicates your article on their site, they might get penalized by Google, not you.
- It takes too much time to post to all those different article directories- I know it takes time as have done that before. When I started on the internet, I would post my article to dozens of articles, manually. Now, I only post to my blog and several well know and Respected Article Directories. Today, I’ll share with you one article directory that you need to submit your articles to. This one directory will get you listed on Google and get your name exposed fast.
So, where do you submit? You need to use EzineArticles.com This site has a pagerank of 6 and is well respected by Google. Many first page Google searches result in articles from that one site. So, before you go and give up on the article marketing technique, just try writing few articles, sign up for ezinearticles.com and submit your articles there. You will get many benefits from them. Believe me, I know. Just make sure you follow their Editorial Guidelines or your article will NOT get published.
So, here’s what you need to do right now:
1. Sign up (if you haven’t already done so) with EzineArticles.com
2. Follow their submission guidelines to make sure your article gets published.
3. Write 2 Resource Boxes for your profile under the Profile manager tab.
4. Complete your entire Profile before submitting.
5. Write your article. Make sure your title and article body is keyword optimized. You can use Google Keyword Tool to find some great keywords. (I’ll show you how to find right keywords in future article)
6. Submit Your article and wait for a review. If everything goes well, you’ll be live in couple of days with very high SEO backlinks going back to your site.
So, here it is. One of the most powerful strategies for driving traffic on the internet, and it’s free. In the next couple of days, I’ll show you how you can find the right keywords for your site, articles, blog posts, and everything in between for free. There is a certain science to it but if you do it right, you’ll get more traffic to your site.
Until next time, post your comments here and let me know what you want to hear when it comes to real estate and internet. Remember, I’m feeling generous so ask me away.
To your success,
Visitors who read this post also read:
If you enjoyed this post, please Pass it Along on Twitter or Vote it Up with one of the bottons below.
Your vote motivates me to write killer content! :) Thank you!