Maybe you have already heard the phrase “Long Tail”. Maybe you haven’t. Either way, this phrase is extremely important to the success of your real estate business on the Internet.
This one phrase is so important that it can get you from being invisible on Google to the first page on Google. Let me give you an example.
As of today, May 19th, 2008, I am ranked #2, #3, #6, #8, on Google for the following term: real estate investing internet resources. And if you look at the # of competing pages for that term, you’ll see that there is over 7,720,000 million pages competing for that term.
Why am I telling you this? I’m telling you this not to tooth my own horn but to show you how a long tail keyword phrase can make a difference on Google. And I wanted to show you that I know what I am talking about here.
So, what are Long Tail Keywords?
Long Tail Keywords are multi-word/phrase search queries that people use to find what they are looking for on the search engines. So, instead of typing in a general term such as “sell house,” the person trying to sell their house in Chicago, Illinois might type in “sell my house fast in Chicago Illinois.”
This way, their search is more targeted. They want to see their house fast and they are in Chicago. If you optimize your website for that long term search term and are buying houses in Chicago, your site might end up on the first page of Google, that is if that particular term is not too competitive.
Here’s a secret for you that will give you a BIG advantage of your competition.
Most real estate investors and agents don’t know about long tail keywords, how to optimize their pages for them and how to use them for their advantage. And if they do, they don’t follow through to implement long tail keywords into their SEO strategy.
So, just by reading this post and actually taking action on what I am showing you here, you can beat your local real estate market competition on the internet.
Real Estate Black Book’s Getting Down and Dirty Action Strategy
I bet your next question is: How do I find long tail keywords and how do I use them on my website. Well, here’s how…
1. Read my Keyword Research- Is it Rocket Science? blog post I made last week. That post will give you several free resources you can use to search for long tail keywords. One in particular is Google Adwords Keyword Tool. That one tool can give you some great ideas for your long tail keywords.
2. Install a Keyword Analytic program such and HitTail. This program can be free for your site and it will give you all of the long tail keywords people search for to arrive at your site. Let me tell you, it doesn’t get any better than this. How often can you have your visitor tell you exactly what they want.
Another great tracking tool you should have installed on your site is Google Analytics. It is 100% free and probably one of the best tracking tools you can ever find. I have it on my site and this blog. This tool will tell you everything, from where your visitors are coming from, to your conversion rate, how they found your site and more.
3. Once you come up with some great, low competition, long tail keywords, write articles, blog posts, website pages while keeping the following in mind:
- Focus on one long tail keyword phrase per each post/article
- Have one long tail keyword term in the title
- Incorporate long tail keyword search term in the body of the article/post (don’t overdue it with by putting your phrase too many times in your page as search engines might think you are spamming them with your page)
- If you are writing on your blog, include anchor text for your long tail keywords.
- If it is not already taken, buy a domain name with your phrase and redirect it to your site-I recommend using Namecheap for domain purchases. I’ve used them for few years and they are exceptional.
- Watch your competition to see what they use. Type in the phrase in Google and see what comes up on the first page. If the sites on the first page seem kind of random or not very targeted, your probability of getting on the first page just went up tenfold. If there is a good/targeted site, see what terms they are using, how they write their pages, where the keywords are placed, etc.
- Include the long tail phrase in you web page’s meta description, meta keywords, page title, etc. This will help you in Search Engine ranking.
Long tail Keyword Phrases can get you high in search engines, and even on the first page. Just because the phrase doesn’t get you 200 searches a day, doesn’t mean that it isn’t profitable.
Think about it this way, if you end up getting high search engine rankings for many long tail keyword phrases, sooner of later, Google along with other search engines, will think: “Hmm… this site is probably very valuable because is ranks high, people search for it, and go to the site to find out more information for what they search for.”
Notice that I emphasized the phase “what they search for”. One of the main goals for Google and and other search engines is to provide valuable and relevant search results for their clients.
So, don’t overlook this strategy. Take some time to find good keyword phrases, write valuable content for your market and sooner of later, you’ll see results. Just don’t give up too soon. Trust me, it works!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my feed so you never miss another valuable post that will help to get you high on search engine and help you dominate your local real estate investing market on the internet. And as always, write your comments below, tell me if you are using this strategy or if you would want to learn more about it. I’m more than happy to give you more information.
To Your Success,
Visitors who read this post also read:
If you enjoyed this post, please Pass it Along on Twitter or Vote it Up with one of the bottons below.
Your vote motivates me to write killer content! :) Thank you!